In today’s world, content marketing is a must for any business. This is because the consumers themselves conduct a lot of research work before they purchase a commodity or avail a service. Due to the change in this sales cycle, strategies have to be modified for developing and retaining customer relations.
This is where content marketers play a pivotal role. They understand that they have to act fast, be agile in content delivery and savvy while crafting a content marketing strategy. They also have to keep up with the increasing demand for top-quality content. So, if you are in this position, how would you handle the pressure? It’s quite simple. Here’s what you must do.
Table of Contents
- Top 5 Content Marketing Strategies to Follow Today
- Advantages of Content Marketing
Top 5 Content Marketing Strategies to Follow Today
- Provide Solution to the Problems People Face65% of organizations find it challenging to produce engaging content. This is because they are not focusing on the purpose of the content. Your content should be based on the issues that people face. Only then, people would be interested in reading your content.
Thus, your content should provide consumers with an opportunity to:
– Gain knowledge on a particular subject matter, goods or services
– Know the latest information free of cost
– Improve their lifestyle or working by shedding light on something significant
Furthermore, you could enhance the quality of the content by inserting videos and images. People tend to retain the audio-visual effect more than written content. So, you should adopt a purpose-driven marketing approach to publish and distribute content for the benefit of your online audience.
- Foresee Emerging Trends in the MarketThe marketing world is ever-changing due to the change in the requirements of the consumers. There is a free tool spell checker online for spelling correction. There, consumers are looking for affordable and effective products and services.
Thus, it is your duty to:
– Conduct background check on the recent trends in the market
– Study about the various products or services (based on your niche)
– Look into statistics
– Furnish your content with updated information so that people can decide for themselves whether the product or service is worth their money
Most media giants are launching content marketing studios to keep up with the new age of marketing dynamics. Moreover, content marketers are investing heavily in advertising and promoting content with the help of social media influencers. So, you should keep an eye out for the changing trends in the market.
- Focus More on Keyword OptimizationAs per the Hubspot study, it was revealed the percentage of searches (SERP element Local) increased from 15% to 39% between 2016 to 2019. So, you should do keyword research and check out various search results to understand what the consumers are looking for. You can even take inspiration from Amazon and its marketing strategy (they also incorporate long-tail keywords).
In addition to this, you must also focus on LSI, geo-targeting, intent targeting, broad match keywords, etc. to enhance the prospect of getting ranked higher in the search results. The higher your ranking, the more the people will read your content. And if your content is catchy, then people will be intrigued.
- Make Your Content Platform FriendlyAre you aware of the fact that 52% of web traffic worldwide is found on smartphones? As more people turn to mobile devices, your content should be compatible with every device (desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones). More importantly, the content you publish should be available to all the mobile audience.
If you wish to be successful as a content marketer, you have to embrace the liquidity and simplicity of being accessible on multiple platforms. Consumers in developed and developing nations are increasingly relying on their mobile devices to perform daily activities. So, you have to adapt to the changing circumstances as well.
- Incorporate Expert Statements in your ContentConsumers and readers expect to see information from credible sources and statements made by experts. When you include expert review, statistics or facts in your content, the quality of the write-up, video or picture automatically increases. Rather than presenting abstract text, incorporate engaging, personalized content.
For instance, you can refer to TED talks, advisory YouTube videos, or borrow information from the blog posts of accomplished experts. You can even insert excerpts from interviews published in newspapers etc. In no time, you will find that your content is being widely accepted by the consumers and has gathered a huge following.
Also Read: 11 Sites to Make Free Online Youtube Intro Videos
Advantages of Content Marketing
Content marketing has several advantages when it comes to organization branding and promoting your products and services. Some of them are highlighted below.
- It is cost-effective as it does not require huge investments as compared to other forms of marketing.
- It helps in creating a long-term market presence due to the prevalence of social media.
- It sheds light on the various upcoming technologies and the emerging trends of the Information Age.
- It even helps in the seamless incorporation of the creative edge of 3D Content (mostly used by B2B marketers).
Also Read: 4 Simple Steps to Find Someone on Snapchat in 2020
- It can be easily integrated into multi-media platforms with both audio and video.
As you can see, the benefits of resorting to content marketing are countless. For instance, if you are associated with a service, your content should cater to all the students across the world. Furthermore, your write-up should highlight all the exclusive features of your service so that you can draw the attention of the students.
Strategies are bound to get different due to the rapid change in the requirements of the consumers. But, if you want to get started, you should abide by the tips shared above. You might have to adjust the strategies as per your field, but the basic concept remains the same. In a week or two, you will start getting the results.